GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination which is conducted by ETS (Educational testing service) In attention to the on-going pandemic situation ETS has started providing GRE at home facility where you can take the test from your home itself. They also stated that Aadhar cards will be accepted as student ID’S effective from July 2021 for students who don’t have valid passport.
GRE is accepted for Master’s and Doctoral programs more than 1000 MBA programs and other courses. Students usually prefer GRE for merit-based scholarships to study abroad. There is no age limit to take the test.
TYPES OF GRE: GRE general, GRE subject test.
REGISTERING FOR GRE:
To register for GRE test,
- Visit the ETS official website.
- Create a test-taker profile.
- Fill the application form and submit it.
- Select a flexible date for your exam and test centre.
- After finishing the payment, confirm and submit the application form.
- Keep a printout or save your details for further use.
GRE computer-based exam lasts for 3 hours 45 minutes.
Analytical writing: There are two sub sections in this section
- Analyse an issue.
- Analyse an argument.
Quantitative Reasoning: (GRE MATH) In this section, the topics include
- Basic mathematics.
- Elementary mathematical concepts.
- Solving problems with quantitative techniques.
- Text completion.
- Sentence Equivalence.
GRE Analytical writing section is intended to measure the test taker’s
- Ability on constructing ideology effectively with relatable reasons and examples.
- Examining the claims and evidences.
- Sustain a focussed and articulate discussion.
GRE Quantitative Reasoning– GRE Math Syllabus
Basic mathematics, Understanding of elementary mathematic concepts, It does NOT include trigonometry, calculus or high-level mathematics. GRE allows the usage of calculator for Math section.
Topics covered in GRE Quant section
- Data analysis
GRE Verbal Reasoning section covers topics on
- Modifiers and Parallelism
- Idioms and Idiomatic expressions
- Verb tense
- Pronoun Agreement
- Subject-Verb Agreement
- Nouns, Adjectives, Pronouns.
- Evaluate the material in the form of paragraphs, sentences and passages.
- Synthesize the information obtained in the above material.
- Recognise the relationships among the concepts.
Verbal and Quantitative sections – 150-155 (Average score 130-170)
Analytical section – 3.5 (Average score 0-6)
What is GRE used for?
Graduate Record Examinations is a prerequisite test for admissions in graduate schools in USA and Canada and other countries
What is GRE used for?
GRE measures skills that graduate and professional schools, including business and law require for admission
How many years GRE scores are valid?
GRE scores are valid for 5 years
What is GRE exam fee in India?
INR 11,164 approximately
How to register for GRE?
Visit the ETS website and create an account to book a test date and test centre
How many months in advance should I register for GRE?
Three to four months.
Is GRE online or paper?
- Is GRE online or paper?
The GRE is a computer-based test, with paper-based tests offered where computer is not available. Computer-based tests are offered throughout the year and can be retaken any time after 21 days, up to 5 times every 12 months The paper-based test is offered up to three times per year
Do you get GRE score immediately?
Your official scores will be available in your ETS account. After 10-15 days after your test date
What is a good GRE score?
75th percentile is considered as good GRE score